Saturday 6 April 2013

Seasame Tahini Bread (Vegan)



This bread is another one of my loves favourites. Who am I kidding pretty much any bread I make is a favourite of his. Except the pumpernickel bread I made last week. He wasn’t a big fan of that one. Let’s just say I’ll be working on tweaking the recipe before I post it. This bread is a nice and moist that is great on its own but it also makes a killer nut butter sandwich. I love adding nutritious ingredients to my bread and this is no exception. I replaced the oil with this super powered nut butter that is packed with B vitamins and is an easily digestible source of calcium. Good for healthy cell growth and maintaining healthy bones.

Ingredients

1 1/3 cups 
cups unsweetened fortified non dairy milk
3 cups flour in any ratio of whole wheat:all purpose you prefer
2 tbsp tahini

1-2  tsp sugar (I use coconut sugar)
1 tsp salt (I use Himalayan crystal salt)
1 tsp active dry yeast
1/8 cup sesame seeds

Put ingredients into your bread machine in the order they are listed. Use the dough setting and let it to large. Press start and walk about for about an hour and a half. Once the machine alerts you that the first rise is over and has beaten down your dough you are ready to transfer it to your bread pan. Grease up your bread pan really well with whatever oil you prefer. I use olive oil or coconut oil. Depends on my mood. Use you hands to spread the oil up to the very top of the sides, you don’t want your bread to stick. Take your greasy hands and remove the dough from the bread machine and transfer into the bread pan. Roll it around a bit coating it in oil. Flatten the top of the dough, cover with a piece of saran wrap and a clean tea towel and set aside in a warm place to rise. After about 30-35 minutes your dough will be ready to go. Preheat your oven to 375 and in goes your bread pan. The bread usually takes about 10-15 to brown up nicely on the top and it should sound hollow when to tap it. Take it out of the oven and leave it to cool. Once the pan is cool to touch run a butter knife around the rim of the pan to loosen and dump that bread out and rest on a cooling rack under a tea towel until totally cool…or slice and eat while still steaming, your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment