Thursday 9 May 2013

Toasted Tomato Sandwich with Avocado Garlic Mayo (Vegan)

One thing I love about summer are fresh outta the garden tomatoes. Nothing is better then a yummy toasted tomato sandwich on a hot day. Since I don't like my family to consume a lot of pre-packaged foodstuffs veganaise is not on my shopping radar. This sandwich needed a little something creamy and yummy to bring it all together. Avocado is a great mayo substitute but the sandwich was still a little lacking. Add some garlic and nutritional yeast and presto! Perfection!






Ingredients:
Toasted Tahini Bread
tomato
Sea salt
Avocado garlic mayo

 

This one is a no brainer. Slice bread. Toast bread. Spread Mayo. Slice tomato. Place Tomato on bread and sprinkle with salt. Close sandwich and cut in half if desired. I chose to top mine with some arugula because I'm obsessed with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment