Thursday 28 March 2013

Caesar Dressing (Vegan)

I love caesar salad. You what I love even more than caesar salad? Vegan caesar salad made with kale. It’s seriously so much better! If you’ve never had vegan caesar dressing then you may be wondering how is this possible? Let me tell you on behalf of those in the know that you're missing out. You can’t judge it until you try it. So try it!
 


1/4 cup raw cashews
1-2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tsp dulse flakes
1 tbsp tahini
2-3 tbsp lemon juice
2-3 cloves garlic

Soak your raw cashews in water for as long as you want. My soaking time varies anywhere from half an hour to 8 hours depending on how for in advance I’ve planned to make this dish. If I get home late from work and am really craving caesar then I make due soaking for the amount of time it takes me to prep everything else. Drain your cashews and add all your ingredients (except your water) to the food processor and blend until it’s all incorporated. Then add as much or as little water as you would like depending in the desired consistency. This salad dressing makes a really nice dip if you leave it on the thicker side. Toss with your greens of choice and top however you’d like. I usually top mine with a bit more nutritional yeast, hemp hearts and my homemade croutons.

No comments:

Post a Comment