Friday 22 March 2013

Peanut Butter and Jam Rangoons (Vegan)

The inspiration for this dish came to me courtesy of Pinterest. I had seen a recipe that made won ton wrappers into pepper jelly and cream cheese Rangoon’s. I thought to myself, self, you can make these “Rangoon’s” with peanut butter and jelly! Although I don’t think they can technically be called Rangoon’s since they have no cream cheese in them, but really what do I care about that. This is seriously so easy.

Ingredients
Any kind of jam or jelly you want (I used my aunts homemade raspberry jam)
Peanut Butter
Won Ton wrappers
1-2 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
Sea salt
Sesame seeds

So you probably have some peanut butter and jam on hand so all you need is the Won Ton wrappers. Finding vegan wont ton wrappers can be tricky but let me assure you that they are out there. Otherwise there are plenty of recipes online for making your own. Making your own of course adds a ton of time to this otherwise quick recipe but knock yourself out! I’m going to try to make my own at some point and I’ll be sure to link the recipe if it works out for me.
First pre heat your oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then you lay out your Won Ton wrappers and add to the center a dollop of jam and a dollop of peanut butter. Don’t overfill or everything will leak out when you bake them. Wet your finger with water and run along 2 sides of your wrapper and press firmly together to seal the edges.  Place your triangles on your baking sheet and brush each Rangoon with your melted coconut oil and sprinkle with some sea salt or sesame seeds. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Flip your Rangoon’s and bake for another 10 minutes or until brown and crispy. You can fry your Rangoon’” to get a crispier shell but I like the crunch I get when I bake them. These make a great appetizer but we like them with a side of coconut rice and greens for dinner. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment