Sunday 24 March 2013

Green Monster Sauce (Vegan)

I had seen a video on YouTube of a woman making a raw Alfredo sauce with zucchini and I had already been experimenting with kale pesto so I figured I'd combine the 2 and see how it tasted. It was amazing! Probably my best pasta/pizza/dipping sauce to date. (I can't wait to modify it slightly for a spinach dip that will go with my pumpernickel bread). This sauce is meant to be mixed up. Sometimes I use kale, sometimes I use arugula, sometimes I use spinach. What ingredients you choose depends on what you want to use the sauce for. You can leave the avocado or zucchini out and just use oil for more of a pesto sauce. You can leave the kale out and peel your zucchini for more of an Alfredo sauce. You can cook your kale first for a nice mellow flavour or use raw kale for a fresh green flavour. This sauce is just so versatile!
 


Ingredients

1 zuchini
1 avocado
1 bunch of kale/spinach/arugula or any greens of your choice
2-3 garlic cloves
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
olive oil as needed


Combine whatever ingredients you like and blend/food process the snot out of them. Serve over pasta, rice, as a spread or dip or as pizza sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment